Judo is like a ballet,
except there's no music,
no choreography, and
the dancers knock each other down."
Murphy's Laws of Martial Arts
Ten scientific principles that apply to the study of all martial arts:
- The wimp who made it through the eliminations on luck alone will suddenly
turn into Bruce Lee when you're up against him.
- The referee will always be looking the other way when you score.
- You will have trouble with the ties on your gi pants when members of the
opposite sex are in class.
- The day you leave work early to make it to class on time, the sensei will
- The sensei will only use you during demonstrations for joint-locking
- If you have to use your training in self-defense, your attacker's father
will be a lawyer.
- After a flawless demonstration, you will trip on your way back to your
- After years of training without a single injury, you will pull a groin
muscle the night before your black belt exam.
- In an otherwise vacant locker room, the only other person will have the
locker right next to yours.
- No matter how many times you take care of it before your promotion exam,
you will invariably have to go to the bathroom when it's your turn.
JUDO IN EVERYDAY LIFE #37
Ashi-waza can be
very useful in disposing of dropped food.
Information on this "Fun
Stuff" Page are compliments of Neil Ohlenkamp and the
Judo Information Site